I was looking back on my posts in May and realised just how many Finnish, or Finnish inspired, baked goods I made. Perhaps (obviously?), my favourite would be the cardamom and coffee macarons. Though give me anything sweet with cardamom and I am a happy girl.
My faithful baking companion, The Great Scandinavian Baking Bookby Beatrice Ojakangas, may be returned to the shelf for now but I am sure she will make an appearance again soon.
In the meantime, here is a quick re-cap of what I made last month during my Finnish baking adventures. This list surely now includes some of my new favourites.
1. Cardamom macarons with coffee cream
2. Hannatädinkakut :: Aunt Hanna’s Cookies (p138)
3. Karjalanpiirakat:: Karelian Rice Pasties (p272)
4. Mustikkapiiraat :: Blueberry Filled Buns (p237)
5. Omenapiirakka :: Finnish Apple Pie (p240)
6. Pulla :: Finnish Cardamom Bread (p70)